Reports and Requests
Welcome to the Charlotte County Sheriff's Office on-line crime reporting system. If you have an EMERGENCY, or if the crime you want to report is happening RIGHT NOW, DO NOT use this form; dial "911" on your telephone.
This on-line system is not monitored continuously.
Knowingly submitting a false Crime Report is a misdemeanor / felony under FSS 837.05 and is punishable by fine and/or imprisonment.FSS. 837.05 False reports to law enforcement authorities:
- Except as provided in subsection (2), whoever knowingly gives false information to any law enforcement officer concerning the alleged commission of any crime, commits a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in ss. 775.082 or ss. 775.083.
- Whoever knowingly gives false information to a law enforcement officer concerning the alleged commission of a capital felony, commits a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in ss. 775.082, ss. 775.083, or ss.775.084.
- Please use this form only to report crimes that occurred within the areas patrolled by the Charlotte County Sheriff's Office. If you are not sure, please call (941) 639-2101 to determine which agency services the area where the crime has occurred. If it occurred outside of our service area, please contact the appropriate Law Enforcement Agency.
- Complete as many of the lines of the report as you possibly can. This will help us investigate the crime that you are reporting. The report will be reviewed and screened for potential investigation. If you only have partial information, such as part of a license plate number, or description of a vehicle or person, please report whatever you have.
Use this on-line report form if the crime you are reporting fits into one of these
- Petty Theft (under $300)
- Miscellaneous Crimes/Incidents ie. Suspicious persons or vehicles (past), information, tips
DO NOT USE THIS FORM IF:
- you know where the suspect is, or where he/she resides
- there is physical evidence to be collected
- there is a present or continuing danger
- the crime involves domestic violence or crimes resulting in physical injuries
Stolen Vehicles CANNOT be reported on this form.
If the crime does not meet all of the criteria above, please call (941) 639-2101 and request a deputy to respond to your location.
THE NEXT STEPSIf you are ready to fill out the form, there are 4 steps:
- Fill out your contact information and crime report
- Enter your vehicle information, if applicable
- Enter your missing/damaged property, if applicable
- Verify and submit your crime report
At the end of the process you will be presented with a copy of the crime report that you can print out for your records.
TO THE PERSON THAT SENT IN AN ONLINE TIP YESTERDAY (01/02/2019)
The Cold Case Detectives want to thank the person that submitted an online tip yesterday January 2, 2019 regarding one of our unsolved homicides. To protect the person that submitted the tip, we are not identifying the case.
This tip is probably right on target and we would very much like to speak with the person that submitted the tip.
You can call 941-575-5361 8:00 AM to 5:00PM Monday through Friday and ask for Cold Case. After hours and weekends please leave a message using the same number. We will return the call as soon as possible. Please contact us. We are currently working on that case and we would appreciate any information we can get.
If you absolutely can't contact and speak with us please provide any additional information you have. Please include names of people in the area that have knowledge and may cooperate and speak with us. Again, some of the information we have so far matches information you have provided. We really need detailed information from you so please make contact with us in some way. It would mean a lot to us and the victim's family.
Mike, Mike and Kurt
The Cold Case Team
The Charlotte County Sheriff's Office encourages the public to submit information regarding any suspected criminal activity. Please use the form below to submit your crime tip information to the Charlotte County Sheriff's Office. Thank you!
You can submit this form anonymously by leaving your personal information blank.
To request information on a particular warrant, please fill out the information below. All fields are required. Thank you!
Charlotte County Sheriff's Office encourages the public to submit information regarding areas of the county that may need additional traffic enforcement. Please use the form below to submit a traffic enforcement request for any part of our County you believe needs additional attention from your Sheriff's Office.
If you wish to be contacted regarding your traffic enforcement request you may include your contact information, otherwise you may leave that section blank.
NOTICE OF CUSTODIAN OF PUBLIC RECORDS
The Charlotte County Sheriff's Office Custodian of Public Records is Kerri Towsey, Records Supervisor. Requests for public records can be submitted in writing at The Charlotte County Sheriff's website at www.ccso.org under "Contact Us" or in writing directed to Charlotte County Sheriff's Office Attn: Custodian of Public Records 7474 Utilities Road, Punta Gorda, FL 33982.
Florida Records Law
The Florida Public records law, Chapter 119, F.S. requires that all state, county, and municipal records, except certain confidential or exempt records will be open for personal inspection by any citizen. The right to examine or to obtain copies of public records is limited to reasonable times of day (i.e. 8:00am to 5:00 pm) and under reasonable conditions. Prior to viewing by the public, the agency must make sure that no confidential or exempt information is disclosed. Confidential/exempt information will be removed or redacted from the file.
By law, the Sheriff must maintain a harassment free workplace. This obligation is extended to non-employees and customers.
Requests that seem to contain language that is intended to harass or cause emotional distress to a selected group will be closed.