- You may communicate with an inmate at any time via the U. S. Mail. For safety and security reasons, all mail, must be in the form of a postcard or letter. The maximum size postcard is 5 inches by 7 inches. Must be written in ink or pencil; no marker or crayons.
- Legal Mail will be opened and inspected in the presence of the inmate to ensure that it is legal mail.
- Two Magazines subscriptions are permitted and must be mailed from the publisher. (Magazines in excess of two subscriptions per inmate will be confiscated and disposed of.)
- All incoming and outgoing post cards, letters or legal mail MUST contain a complete return address. All mail received without a return address or an incomplete return address will be considered contraband and destroyed per policy.
- Any items that are considered contraband will be disposed of and a Mail Contraband Form initiated, with the original to inmate's housing file and a copy to the inmate. Mail with a return address will be returned to the sender; mail without a return address or an incomplete address will be destroyed per policy.
- All incoming mail should be marked with:
- Items that are considered contraband and not allowed in the jail include:
- Photocopied puzzles (Crossword, Sudoku, etc.)
- Any pornographic, racially motivated item and/or material, weapons or gang reference
- Escape plans
- Illegal correspondence
- Stamped or unstamped envelopes
- Blank paper, blank postcards, blank greeting cards
- Paperclips, Staples
- Defaced or altered correspondence
- Plastic or wrapped postcards
- Any item with biohazards including perfume, glitter, lipstick, nail polish, whiteout, tape, watermarks or stains
- Greeting cards w/ribbon, glued on items, or larger than 5" x 7"
- Religious Materials - All materials must be approved by chaplain
- Computer generated copied material
- All photos that are larger than 5" x 7"
Inmate Full Name
Charlotte County Jail
26601 Airport Road
Punta Gorda FL 33982
How to set up a GTL Advance Pay Account for phone calls:
- Contact GTL to set up an Advance Pay phone account by calling 1-866-230-7761 or online at www.GTL.net.
- There are multiple ways to pay for this Advance Pay account:
- Mail a Certified Check or Money Order to GTL
- Deposit to GTL via Western Union ***
- Automated Phone Deposit (with a fee of $3.00)
- Additional account set up and billing fees may apply
At No Cost Advance Pay Account Options:
At Cost Advance Pay Account Options:
- Money Orders and Certified Checks can be mailed to:
AdvancePay Service Department
Denver, Colorado 80291-1722
***Western Union will charge their own fee for using their services to make an Advance Payment***
SmartJailMail.com is a secure e-mail system used by inmates to connect with their friends and family. All inmates receive 2 free message credits per week. Invites may be accepted or blocked following the invitation prompts.