- You may communicate with an inmate at any time via the U. S. Mail. The Name and ID number must be clearly Printed on the outside of the envelope or postcard to ensure the mail is posted to the current account.
- All incoming mail should be marked with:
- Legal Mail will be opened and inspected in the presence of the inmate to ensure that it is legal mail.
- Two Magazines subscriptions are permitted and must be mailed from the publisher. (Magazines in excess of two subscriptions per inmate will be confiscated and disposed of.)
- All incoming and outgoing post cards, letters or legal mail MUST contain a complete return address. All mail received without a return address or an incomplete return address will be considered contraband and destroyed per policy.
- Any items that are considered contraband will be disposed of and a Mail Contraband Form initiated, with the original to inmate's housing file and a copy to the inmate. Mail with a return address will be returned to the sender; mail without a return address or an incomplete address will be destroyed per policy.
- Correspondence not allowed but are not limited:
- Any pornographic, racially motivated item and/or material, weapons or gang reference
- Escape plans
- Illegal correspondence
- Religious Materials - All materials must be approved by chaplain
Inmate Name- ID Number
PO Box 2027
Pinellas Park, FL 33780
Legal mail should be marked:
Charlotte County Jail
Inmate Name - ID number
26601 Airport Rd
Punta Gorda, FL 33982
How to set up a GTL Advance Pay Account for phone calls:
- Contact GTL to set up an Advance Pay phone account by calling 1-866-230-7761 or online at www.GTL.net.
- There are multiple ways to pay for this Advance Pay account:
- Mail a Certified Check or Money Order to GTL
- Deposit to GTL via Western Union ***
- Automated Phone Deposit (with a fee of $3.00)
- Additional account set up and billing fees may apply
At No Cost Advance Pay Account Options:
At Cost Advance Pay Account Options:
- Money Orders and Certified Checks can be mailed to:
AdvancePay Service Department
Denver, Colorado 80291-1722
***Western Union will charge their own fee for using their services to make an Advance Payment***
SmartJailMail.com is a secure e-mail system used by inmates to connect with their friends and family. All inmates receive 2 free message credits per week. Invites may be accepted or blocked following the invitation prompts.