Human Resource Technician
Application Deadline: April 18, 2023 17:00
Oral Board Date: April 28, 2023
Pay Rate: Starting Salary $42,281
- Assist with planning and coordinating recruitment efforts for CCSO vacancies, including but not limited to preparing job announcements, preparing advertisements, coordinating interview panels, reviews employment applications.
- Provides information to candidates, applicants, and members of the public regarding job opportunities and career opportunities with CCSO.
- Assist background investigators and recruiter with scheduling interviews, required testing, and oral boards.
- Responds in person, by phone, and e-mail to candidates and other CCSO areas regarding process status.
- Assists applicants with the application process, including on-line submission.
- Enters HR related data in the HRIS database and scanning in the TCM.
- Ability to prepare clear, concise, and comprehensive reports, memos, letters, and marketing materials.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding personnel related matters.
- Completes all assignments to specifications as directed within the specified time frame.
- Generate and submit for review a bi-weekly schedule of activities detailing recruiting and background activity.
- Ability to accept supervision guidance and direction in a positive, receptive manner in accordance with CCSO policy.
- Knowledge of HR, including but not limited to recruiting, selection process, and employment laws.
- Ability to deal tactfully and courteously with employees at all levels as well as the general public and maintain effective relations with officials, superiors, peers, applicants, and employees.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to gather, organize, and consider narrative and statistical data; review problems, consider options and make practical recommendations.
- Understand, interpret, and apply procedures, rules, and laws within the Human Resource field.
- Knowledge of general and specialized computer applications and software.
- Ability to maintain complicated and multiple human resource databases and to prepare an accurate report.
- Ability to prepare a variety of written documents.
- Exercise objectivity; communicate concisely and effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to maintain confidential information, organize, prioritize, and coordinate work.
- Exercise independent judgment and work under pressure.
- Ability to meet attendance standards and work extra hours, as necessary.
- Ability to elicit enthusiasm to candidates, encourage candidates and peers to achieve goals and encourage applicants through the hiring process.
- Strong attention to detail. Ability to retrieve, compile and report on data from various files and HRIS.
- Ability to speak before groups, articulate ideas, and effectively communicate the stated objectives well and in an organized manner.
- Ability to operate all equipment listed in the “Equipment Used” section.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Prefer a two (2) year degree from an accredited college or university in Human Resources or related field.
- Prefer two (2) years of prior experience in Human Resources, Risk Management, or related field.
Date posted: March 16, 2023
View other job openings