Supply & Inventory Tech
Application Deadline: May 14, 2021 17:00
Pay Rate: Starting Salary $32,437
This is routine manual and clerical work involving performance of centralized stockroom or storeroom activities including data entry and tracking of supplies. They will assist the Supply & Inventory Specialist in receiving, storing, issuing, delivering, and shipping of widely diversified or specialized supplies. It may also include assisting in obtaining quotes, bids, and W9 information from vendors and suppliers. Performs receiving, stocking, distributing, and packing in addition to inventory control. This position is under the direct guidance of the Finance Supervisor.
- Completes data entry to include daily operational requisitions in the HRMS.
- Maintains and enters stockroom supply requests for Housing units and individual offices of the Corrections Division. Documents information relating to receipt, storage, or distribution of materials.
- Scan and process receipts within the finance software.
- Assists in accepting and removing items from delivery vehicles, moving to designated storage area.
- Examines receiving documents for storage destination.
- Pulls stored materials for orders.
- Documents information relating to receipt, storage, or distribution of material Maintains the Material Data Sheets for all incoming supplies and goods received for the agency in a centralized file or notebook.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Documents incoming and outgoing materials and supplies.
- Processes incoming and outgoing inventory with the appropriate documentation. Maintains, processes, and documents individual property inventory.
- Maintains and orders supplies which are required for personnel and the agency.
- Assist with monitoring and assignment of inmate workers.
- Perform light maintenance duties as requested.
- General knowledge of supply and inventory methods and practices including receiving and accounting a wide variety of inventory.
- Knowledge of maintenance procedures.
- Knowledge of Central Supply policy and procedures Knowledge of UPS procedures
- Ability to operate bar code reader.
- Ability to operate warehouse equipment.
- Ability to operate all equipment listed in the “Equipment Used” section.
- Ability to keep receiving, shipping and inventory records.
- Ability to rapidly learn and apply CCSO inventory, procurement, procedures and supply functions.
- Ability to plan ability to forecast supply needs of routine items.
- Ability to prepare simple reports.
- Ability to read and write at a level appropriate to the duties of the position.
- Ability to make arithmetic computations.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with suppliers, CCSO employees and others.
- Ability and skill in computers, for inventory and accounting databases.
Must not be on any of the following types of probationary status: performance or disciplinary probation. High school diploma or GED. Must complete OSHA Warehouse Safety Course. Some office experience sufficient to have acquired skill and understanding of record keeping and data entry. Must remain in the position for one year based on the needs of the agency. Computer and Related Software / Calculator and Related Software / Copy machine / Telephone / Fax machine / Laundry Equipment / Typewriter / Cameras / Fire Extinguisher / Various Moving Carts / Office Vehicles / Other Standard Office Equipment as Required
Computer and Related Software / Telephone / Calculator / Ladder / Step Stool / Hand Truck / Fire Extinguisher / File Cabinets / Flashlight
Mostly sitting at a desk or table with frequent walking, standing, bending, crouching, stooping, stretching or carrying of objects up to 60 pounds of material or equipment. Hearing - must be able to distinguish, differentiate and respond to audible stimuli from personnel or equipment, such as telephone, fire alarm, etc. Sight - must be able to distinguish, differentiate and respond to visual stimuli such as printed documents and computer screens. Manual dexterity - must be able to operate computers, vehicles and other standard office equipment. Speech - must be able to clearly convey verbal messages to citizens, agency members, and other agencies in person and with telephones.
Typical warehouse office or similar setting which is adequately lighted heated and ventilated. Work may require shift work, flexible hours, days and holidays which may include nights and weekends. Some inmate contact may be required if work assignment is at the Jail Facility. NOTE: All employees who have direct inmate contact are required to have a medical exam/screening which includes a PPD (TB screening) prior to job assignment. Any positives on the PPD will require further evaluations by the Health Department. Re-examination shall be given according to a defined need or schedule. This requirement is to protect the employee, the agency and the inmates from any physical condition that might impact the ability of the employee to perform their job in a safe and efficient manner.
Date posted: May 04, 2021
View other job openings