Human Resource Specialist
Application Deadline: August 10, 2020 17:00
Pay Rate: Starting Salary $42,784
Job CVH1 Bargaining Unit UnionClass Title HR Specialist Bureau Support ServicesPay Grade Starting Salary $42,784 Division Human ResourcesGrade Civilian Section NONEEEO Category Paraprofessional Status Non-exempt (FLSA Code)Safety Sensitive position NO
This position performs work of moderate to complex difficulty in providing technical support for the Agency's Human Resources Unit.
- Maintains personnel allocation in our Human Resources Management System
- Enters other HR related data in the Human Resources Management System
- Administers agency selection process- new hire, promotional, and transfer positions
- Coordinates onboarding and out-processing procedures
- Coordinates all annual FDLE Education, Incentive Pay Audit, New Hire Audit and Certification Audit.
- Reviews, writes and revises job specifications and descriptions
- Responds by e-mail, phone and in person to questions from candidates and departments regarding recruitment status, assists applicants with the application process, including on-line submission
- Prepares specialized reports, memos, letters, and various other correspondence
- Counsels candidates, applicants, and members of the public regarding job opportunities and career planning
- Performs various administrative functions in support of Human Resource as requested.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding personnel related matters.
- Plans and conducts recruitments for all CCSO position vacancies including but not limited to preparing job announcements, developing recruitment strategies, preparing advertisements, screening applications, coordinating and facilitating interview panels, reviews and evaluates employment applications.
- Knowledge of modern principles and practices of human resources management and administration.
- Ability to deal tactfully and courteously with employees at all levels as well as the general public and maintain effective relations with officials, superiors, peers, applicants, and employees
- Ability to operate all equipment listed in the “Equipment Used” section
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Ability to: gather, organize, and analyze narrative and statistical data; analyze problems, consider options, formulate strategies, and make practical recommendations
- Understand, interpret, and apply procedures, rules, and laws within the Human Resource field
- Knowledge of principles of public human resource practices and management
- Knowledge of general and specialized computer applications.
- Ability to maintain complicated and/or multiple human resource databases and to prepare accurate report
- Ability to prepare a variety of written documents
- Exercise objectivity; communicate clearly, concisely, and effectively orally and in writing
- Ability to maintain confidential information, organize, prioritize, and coordinate work; work independently
- Ability to resolve conflict; employ creativity in resolving problems
- Identify critical issues; exercise independent judgment; work under pressure
- Ability to meet attendance standards and work extra hours, as necessary.
High School Diploma or GEDPrefer a two(2) year degree from an accredited college or universityPrefer two years of prior experience in Human Resources or related field
Computer and Related Software / Telephone / Printer / Fax Machine / File Cabinets
Mostly sitting at a desk with some walking, standing, bending or stooping, or carrying of light objects. Normal manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination; corrected vision to normal range; verbal communication; use of office equipment, including computers, telephones, calculators' copiers and FAX machines; lift boxes of stored documents weighing up to 30 pounds, and filing into filing cabinets. Constant speaking and hearing; very frequent sitting, typing, detailed reading and editing.
Typical office or similar setting, which is adequately lighted, heated and ventilated. Work requires handling high levels of stress satisfactorily and be congenial with other employees, applicants and the public. Work may require shift work, flexible hours, days and holidays which may include nights and weekends.
Date posted: July 31, 2020
View other job openings