The Charlotte County Sheriff's Office offers rewarding careers as a sworn deputy sheriff, sworn corrections deputy in one of our civilian support positions. The Sheriff and current members of this agency are truly dedicated to making a difference within our community. It is imperative to provide our citizens with the safest environment and highest level of service possible. The Sheriff and Command Staff believes this can be obtained through innovative leadership and dedications of the employees of this office.
To become a member of our team, please download an application by :clicking here . These documents must be signed by the applicant and notarized. Please deliver it along with your resume to the Sheriff's Office by one of the following methods:
- Fax it to : 941-575-5231
- Email to: HumanResources@ccso.org
- Drop it off at:Charlotte County Sheriff's Office Headquarters
7474 Utilities Road, Punta Gorda, Florida.
After the Sheriff's Office has received your application, you will be contacted by a Human Resources representative.
Top Employee Benefits
- CCSO is recognized for having one of the BEST employee health insurance plans within the public sector in Florida
- CCSO pays for a generous portion of medical insurance premiums for both you AND your dependents
- Cost-free access to a physician staffed Employee Health Center with prescription drugs at no cost
- Vision and Dental Insurance
- Take home vehicles for Law Enforcement Officers
- College Education Tuition Assistance (at state rate)
- Florida State Retirement(FRS)
- Supplemental pay for education and special assignments
- Liberal paid time off accruals
- Fully equipped Fitness and workout facilities
- Short Term Disability and Life Insurance
- One-time sign on bonus of $2500 for applicants successfully hired for: Law Enforcement Officer, Corrections Officer, and Communications Operator. To qualify, applicants must have one year of certified experience from date of passing the state exam.
Application Deadline: December 31, 2019 17:00
Pay Rate: Starting Salary $45,190
This class involves law enforcement work protecting the public and preserving the peace while serving in a variety of assignments within the Sheriff's Office. The work involves responsibility for carrying out assigned duties in the areas of road patrol, criminal and special investigations, traffic enforcement, community policing, and problem solving in assigned areas. Deputies interpret and enforce all applicable State and local laws, ordinances and statutes, general orders, special instructions as well as policies and procedures of the Sheriff's Office. Unusual situations and serious matters are referred to supervisors for action or guidance. Work is performed under the supervision of an area Corporal - Law Enforcement limited to those of Administrative in nature, and under a Sergeant - Law Enforcement for results and adherence to law enforcement operating procedures. This position is considered essential under the CCSO Emergency Plan.
WE ARE A DRUG AND SMOKE FREE AGENCY
THIS POSITION WILL BE POSTED UNTIL FILLED
Date posted: January 01, 2019
Pay Rate: $16.10-$20.40 per hour
The part-time Corrections Auxiliary Deputy will assist the Primary/Lead and Corrections Deputies with the efficient operation of Detention processes at the Charlotte County Detention Bureau. This member has an understanding of pertinent statutes, laws, and detention related regulations. This class does not supervise a Housing Unit without supervision of a full time Certified Corrections Deputy and does not assist with transportation, handling or escorting of High Risk/Maximum Custody inmates. This position is considered non-essential under the CCSO Emergency Plan. This position is not eligible to participate in the promotional process for Corrections. Work is performed under the general supervision of the Intake Sergeant and/or Administrative Services Commander and is reviewed through observation and conferences.
This position is open until filled
Date posted: January 11, 2019
Pay Rate: Volunteer
are any person appointed by the Sheriff of Charlotte County, without
compensation, who aids or assists a full-time or part-time law enforcement
officer and who, while under the direct supervision of a full-time or
part-time law enforcement officer, has the authority to arrest and perform
law enforcement functions.
WE ARE A DRUG AND SMOKE FREE AGENCY
THIS POSITION WILL POSTED UNTIL FILLED
Date posted: May 15, 2018